Swimming pools and jacuzzis are heaps of fun and relaxation waiting to happen. However, homeowners may overlook the safety certifications that come with owning a pool. When you’re buying, selling, or renting out your home with a pool or spa in it, you must obtain a pool safety certificate. Consider recruiting the services of Building Inspections Hub to grant you the safety certificate for your pool that will help you remain compliant with the law.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SWIMMING POOL SAFETY INSPECTIONS
Most renters and homeowners across the country aren’t aware of their legal requirements regarding a swimming pool safety certificate. Only a building or pool inspector can issue you with the relevant documentation to deem a body of water safe to use when a property is changing hands in ownership or occupation.
- Pool certificates play a crucial role when a property is changing ownership or an accommodation agreement is near completion for a space with a pool. If you have a shared pool, the certificate is valid for 12 months. Certificates for non-shared pools are legal for two years.
- Upon expiration of the safety certificate, the owner of the property doesn’t have to immediately renew. You may be able to wait until you decide to rent or sell the house. If there is a shared pool, the corporate body or owner must obtain the certificate and make it available to all unit owners. There’s no need for each unit owner to obtain a pool safety certificate, provided that they don’t each have their own swimming pool on their property.
- If you have a pool safety certificate but the local government rules that your pool breaks the pool safety standard, the government may cancel the certificate until you resolve the issues.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM BUILDING INSPECTIONS HUB REGARDING SWIMMING POOL SAFETY INSPECTIONS
We exist to ensure that your building and, in this case, its swimming pool meet a particular safety standard.
- After inspecting your outdoor pool or spa, our professional inspectors will make cost-effective recommendations to you so that you can make the necessary changes and rectify the situation. Only after the inspector is happy with the work and the standards will they issue you a compliance certificate.
- Our inspectors possess the necessary licenses to ensure that their work is legal. They’ve undergone the latest training and are aware of the new technology that they can use to efficiently complete their tasks. They are members of relevant industry associations, giving you even more peace of mind that you’re collaborating with competent inspectors.
- We deliver comprehensive reports to you, including photographs and information about any issues that we discover with your swimming pool. Once we have completed the inspection, we’ll send you the report within four to six hours—you can always expect a quick turnaround.
ABOUT BUILDING INSPECTIONS HUB
We are a leader in professional building inspections and employ licensed, insured, and experienced inspectors who are registered with the Master Inspectors Association of Australia. We accept calls and bookings at any time of the day, and once you make a booking, we’ll handle the rest. We keep our rates highly affordable and competitive.
Contact us if you require a pool safety certificate.