Timber Pest / Termite Inspections
Timber Pest / Termite Inspections | Building Inspections Hub in Adelaide
Don’t let your most valuable asset, your home, be at risk of being damaged by timber pests!… have peace of mind with our Timber Pest / Termite Inspection.
Termites can cause major structural and economic damage to your home by eating the inside of the timber structure, leaving only a thin shell for protection from the outside environment.
Our professional, experienced and licensed Master Inspectors will conduct a non-invasive visual timber pest inspection of your home and provide you with a detailed report, highlighting the discovery , or non-discovery, of infestation and/or damage caused by timber pests. The report will include photographs and recommendations from the inspector.
Our Timber Pest / Termite Inspections are carried out in accordance with Australian Standards AS4349.0-2007 Inspection of Buildings Part 0: General Requirements and AS4349.3-2010 Inspections of Buildings Part 3: Timber pest inspections
The purpose of a Timber Pest Inspection is to assess the following:
- Evidence of timber pests
- Severity of damage caused by timber pests
- Susceptibility of building to infestation by timber pests
- Remedial and protective measures required
- Further investigations that may be required
Please Note: A Pre-Purchase Building Inspection does not include a detailed Timber Pest Inspection, so it is crucial that you have a separate Timber Pest Inspection carried out by an experienced and licensed inspector.
Subject to safe and reasonable access, the Timber Pest Inspection will assess and report on each of the following areas of the property:
- Building Interior (excluding furniture and stored items)
- Building Exterior
- Roof Space
- Subfloor space
- The Site, including trees, stumps and timbers embedded in soil
All accessible timber in service within the property will be inspected, such as, structural timbers, joinery and decorative timbers, ancillary structures, attachments and outbuildings and garden timbers.
Subject to safe and reasonable access, the inspection will report on the infestation and/or damage caused by the following pests, as found on the date and time of the inspection:
|Subterranean termites (white ants)|
Subterranean termites nest in the ground and make mud tubes to tunnel through the ground and invade your home. They are highly destructive to buildings and timbers and are known to destroy the wall and roofing timbers of your home, leading to major structural timber damage.
|Dampwood termites (white ants)|
Dampwood termites infest decayed wood that remains moist due to contact with the soil or, for example, through a water leak in a building. They are most likely to infest timber that is outside, such as a tree, stump or logs in contact with the soil. They are entirely wood-dwelling and most species don’t require contact with the soil.
|Borers of seasoned timber|
Borers of seasoned timber are generally beetles. The adult stage lays eggs, which hatch into larvae. The larval stage causes the damage by burrowing through and consuming the timber. The larvae pupate, then cut out through the timber when adult, in order to start the life cycle again, further intensifying the infestation and timber damage.
|Wood decay fungi (rot)|
Wood decay fungi is any species of fungus that digests moist wood, causing it to rot. The fungus grows by consuming wood fiber, and the wood becomes soft and punky. When rot occurs in the framing of a house, the damage may not be noticeable until it causes structural problems that require major repairs.
Termite Inspections Adelaide
Important Information Regarding Termite Inspections in Adelaide
Termites are tiny creatures, but they can cause sizeable structural damage to your home and your investment. It is best to take precautions regarding the threat of termites to your home. What can you do about a potential termite invasion? Building Inspections Hub provides experienced, professional, and licensed termite inspections in Adelaide. Our inspectors are licensed and registered Master Inspectors. They can conduct a visual timber pest inspection of your home and provide you with a comprehensive report of any infestation and damage. The information will include a photographic representation of your problem and recommendations from the inspector. Whether you’re purchasing, building, or renovating your home, a building inspection will be your best investment for peace of mind!
Read on to learn more about termite inspection services.
The Purpose of Timber Pest Inspection
What is the purpose of a timber pest inspection?
- The main purpose of a timber pest inspection is to seek out the existence of timber pests. Our timber inspections are carried out per Australian Standards AS4349.0-2007 Inspection of Buildings Part 0: General Requirements and AS4349.3-2010 Inspections of Buildings Part 3: Timber pest inspections.
- We will assess the damage caused by timber pests. Subterranean termites nest in the ground and make tubes with mud to tunnel through the floor and enter your home.Termites are destructive to buildings and woods and known to destroy the wall and roofing of your home, leading to potentially large-scale structural timber damage.
- We will assess the susceptibility of your structures to infestation.
Tips Regarding Pest Inspection in Adelaide
What are some valuable tips regarding pest inspection services?
- A timber pest inspection will report on the following areas of the property subject to safe and reasonable access: building interior and exterior, sub-floor and roof space, and the site, which includes soil embedded timbers and tree stumps.
- A Pre-Purchase Building Inspection does not include a detailed timber pest inspection, and you will require a separate timber pest inspection duly completed by an experienced and licensed inspector.
- All accessible timber within the property will be inspected, including joinery and decorative timbers, structural timbers, ancillary structures, garden timbers, and attachments and outbuildings.
About Building Inspections Hub
We provide a free quote, and our online bookings are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our services are fast and reliable, and we offer fair and affordable prices to our clients. Our inspectors are licensed to perform inspections, are highly experienced, and are fully insured. They are trained in the latest technologies and are approved members of the relevant industry associations. Our reports are comprehensive, and you will know the exact nature of your problem and what you can do to remedy it after receiving our information. You can expect to receive your report within 4-6 hours after the instruction is completed.
Contact us today to get your pest inspection done, or let us know about your queries and concerns. A member of our friendly team is waiting to answer your questions.