Pre-Purchase Building Inspections
Pre-Purchase Building Inspections
When purchasing your most valuable asset, your home, we want you to have peace of mind!
Our professional, experienced and licensed Master Inspectors will conduct a thorough Pre-Purchase Building Inspection of your home and provide you with a detailed report, highlighting any defects and hazards. The report will include photographs and recommendations from the inspector.
A detailed Pre-Purchase Building Inspection can also help you negotiate a lower purchase price if defects are found.
Pre-Purchase Building Inspections are carried out in accordance with Australian Standards AS4349.0-2007 Inspection of Buildings Part 0: General Requirements and AS4349.1-2007 Inspections of Buildings Part 1: Pre-Purchase Inspections – Residential Buildings.
Subject to safe and reasonable access, the Pre-Purchase Building Inspection will report on the condition of each of the following areas on the date and time of inspection:
|Building Interior||Ceilings, walls, timber floors, concrete floors, timber windows, metal-framed windows, doors and frames, kitchen, bathroom, WC, ensuite, laundry, stairs, damp problems|
|Building Exterior||Walls, timber or steel frames and structures, chimneys, stairs, balconies, verandas, patios, decks, suspended concrete floors, balustrades|
|Roof Exterior||Roof, skylights, vents and flues, valleys, guttering, downpipes, eaves, fascias and barges|
|Roof Space||Roof covering, roof framing, sarking, party walls, insulation|
|Subfloor Space||Timber floor, suspended concrete floors|
|The Site||Car accommodation, detached laundry, ablution facilities and garden sheds, retaining walls, paths and driveways, steps, fencing, surface water/drainage|
|Services||A visual inspection of your electrical and plumbing services|
|Timber Pests||Only includes any timber pest damage that is visible during the course of the normal building inspection|
Save Time and Avoid Stress With Pre-Purchase Building Inspections
As part of one of the biggest investments that most individuals will make in their lives, pre-purchase building inspections are an essential service for protection from a bad deal. Whether you’re looking to buy a new family home or are preparing to invest in a property, real estate listings don’t tell the whole story. Sales materials only reflect what buyers and their agents want you to see—and they’re a skin-deep look at the quality and condition of a home. Without a thorough home inspection in Adelaide, you may overlook key factors that could impact the way that you plan to use and enjoy the home after purchasing.
At Building Inspections Hub, we provide our clients with a top-shelf service that reflects our respect for the importance of every home purchase. Fully licensed and highly experienced, our team delivers exceptional results on short timetables, so that our clients never have to wait long to start working with the key information that they need to know.
Take this opportunity to consider what makes a building inspection for a house purchase so vital, then explore how we can provide the detailed report that you need to move forward today.
The Importance of Property Inspections in Adelaide
Why is it a benefit to work with a building inspection company when you’re preparing to purchase a home? There are three key reasons why professional inspections are an essential service:
- An inspection is the fastest, simplest way to learn about the overall condition of a structure. These thorough processes examine areas that you may never have considered or looked at during an initial visit to the home.
- Inspections can reveal potential problems that could represent major cost concerns for you in the future, such as a roof that is nearing the end of its lifespan or requires immediate replacement. Knowing about these concerns may also help you negotiate a better purchase price.
- Sellers want to sell, meaning that they have an incentive to downplay problems or wave away concerns that you may have. An inspection report lets you negotiate with a completely clear view of the situation and free from sales fluff.
What You Can Learn From Building Inspections in Adelaide
With a thorough inspection, you can learn multiple critical facts about a home that you can’t discover through a simple open house or walkthrough with the agent. Some of the important things that you can find out include:
- The current condition of major structural components, including the roof, exterior walls, foundation, and other critical elements that represent costly repairs. Inspectors investigate these spaces in significant detail, taking photos to showcase any concerns that you should understand.
- Interior defects and concerns, such as improper timber structure in the roof space, incorrectly installed appliances or home hardware, and the presence of any damage or decay in the home.
- Moisture damage in the walls and floors caused by incorrect waterproofing of the wet areas.
- The quality and reliability of home infrastructure installations, including whether existing switchboards meet current safety codes. Post-inspection, you can better understand potential problems or trust that the property’s electrical, heating, and cooling systems all pass muster.
What to Look for When Choosing Building Inspectors in Adelaide
An inspection report is a vital asset for buying or investing. First, you will need to choose a licensed building inspector you can trust to deliver an exceptional service. Which attributes should you seek out in a service provider?
- Experience. A key part of being a dependable inspector is knowing what to look for—and sometimes, small details are a matter of experience. Choose a team that has inspected many houses and experienced a wide range of situations.
- Licensing. Because inspections are so critical, there are strict licensing requirements in place. Always make sure that you’re contracting with an inspector that can produce current copies of valid licenses issued within your state.
- A proven record of success. Endorsements from other clients who have used an inspector’s services are worth their weight in gold. Always explore reviews and word-of-mouth opinions before choosing an inspector.
What Sets Our Building Inspection Service Apart?
At Building Inspections Hub, we can capably tick every one of those boxes—and others. Our goal is to provide our clients with a better, simpler inspection experience. To that end, we deliver solutions that stand out over other inspectors. Here’s how:
- We have more than 35 years of total experience to use when we provide you with detailed inspection information.
- We provide our reports on the same day that we conduct our inspection.
- Using the latest technology, we quickly gather rich information, including photos, and produce a cohesive, coherent report for your immediate review.
- We offer a fully independent service, as we’re not aligned with any repair or home maintenance organisations.
- We offer friendly and fast service backed by competitive pricing. We believe that you should be able to access valuable inspection services without reaching deep into your wallet.
About the Professional Staff Behind Building Inspections Hub
What should you know about our inspectors? With decades of industry experience and a keen sense of what to look for and where, with our team, you can count on receiving reliable results every time. Take a moment to learn more about our capabilities:
- We have multiple inspectors working in the field with a home base in Adelaide. By dividing our team into service areas, we can respond more quickly to inspection needs while providing our clients with access to professionals with local knowledge.
- All our inspectors carry the Registered Master Inspector rating. This licensing, conferred by the Master Inspector Association of Australia, recognises that the individual possesses the skills and understanding to provide thorough and reliable inspection services.
What to Expect From Our Building Inspection Report
The report that we will produce at the end of our house inspections in Adelaide is your guide to understanding which responsibilities you will assume if you purchase the property. Detail and thoroughness are essential. Here’s a quick look at what you can anticipate from our reports:
- A detailed breakdown of everything that you need to know about the home divided by section. Easily find areas of particular concern, whether you want to investigate worries that you have after seeing the property for yourself or confirm a listed concern that you anticipated in advance. Enjoy simple summaries of the most important inspection findings.
- A way to quickly see what the inspector saw through included photographs that detail the defect or concern from as many angles as possible.
- Plenty of detail so that if you have questions, it’s easy to tailor them to the details in the report to receive relevant answers.
Fast Facts About How a Pre-Purchase Building Inspection Works
Let’s review the inspection process and how you can prepare, whether you are a buyer or the owner of a property that needs an inspection.
- You will enter a contract on a home or otherwise identify the need for an inspection. Contact our team to make arrangements for a pre-purchase house inspection and we’ll put you on the schedule as soon as possible.
- We handle all the necessary footwork, including arranging access to the property with its current owner or real estate agent. We arrive promptly on the day of service and carry out an inspection over the course of approximately 1.5 hours depending on the size of the property.
- Within hours of the inspection’s completion, you’ll receive your report. Review its contents and contact your assigned inspector for a more detailed discussion as necessary.
What You Stand to Gain by Choosing Building Inspections Hub
With one of our reports in hand, you can get the green light that you need to proceed with a purchase or seize the opportunity to return to the negotiating table. In either scenario, taking the opportunity to complete your due diligence with our assistance protects your investment from hidden defects and potentially significant expenses.
At Building Inspections Hub, we provide a thorough and efficient service from taking your first phone call to answering any questions that you have about our report after inspection. Whether you’re a veteran home buyer or brand-new to the inspection process, you can enjoy a service tailored to your needs. Contact us to book an inspection visit.